The Friends of the Festival began in 1976 in order to directly support the Perth Festival. Over the years their numbers have grown and they are now important advocates for the Festival in the community, embracing all the Festival has to offer.
Friends enjoy many benefits, including a priority booking period, a range of ticket discounts and regular updates about Festival specials and events.
By joining you can meet visiting artists, attend Festival launches and participate in special events. There are many opportunities to meet other members who share the same appreciation of the high quality art that the Festival brings to Perth each year.
One of the most popular events for Friends is the Lotterywest Films season. Held at the Somerville, at the University of Western Australia, and Joondalup Pines, it offers two wonderful outdoor venues to picnic and enjoy award winning films from around the world.
Our Festival in Focus talks are held before the Festival begins and provide background information to key performances. In addition the Friends are proud to directly sponsor the Artist Talks series, which takes place during the Festival featuring writers, artists, directors and performers across genres to give an added insight into their work.
• Be the first to receive the Festival Program brochure
• Access to the best seats during the exclusive Friends priority booking period
• Hear about updates to Festival program events (when email address is provided)
• Receive email news and special offers
• Receive a complimentary temporary membership to the prestigious University Club of Western Australia during the Festival period
Special ticket prices for:
• Festival events (limit two per Friend)
• Pre-booked Lotterywest Festival Films tickets (no limit)
• Lotterywest Festival films tickets purchased at the door (limited two per Friend)
Invites to exclusive events:
• Festival Program launch Wednesday 2 November 2011*
• Lotterywest Festival Films launch*
• Perth Writers Festival launch*
• Festival Parties – some free and others ticketed
• Festival in Focus events designed to give an insight into the Festival program
* There may be a limited number of places available
• Calling 6488 5555.
• Joining online through BOCS Ticketing here.
• Downloading the membership form available here.
• For more information please phone the Friends Office on 6488 8625 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patron: Diana Warnock
Chair: Zelinda Bafile
Vice-Chair: Shirene Varendorff
Treasurer: Anthea Bird
Members: Ross Bryant, Simon Dawkins, Kate Lewis, Joanne Malone, Barbara Macnish
Judy Reid & Valerie Adnams